The Academy Council collectively provide a challenge and support function to the Head of Academy and the Senior Leadership Team.
The setting of rigorous and clear targets, and the frequent detailed monitoring and questioning of progress, is fundamental to providing the educational aspirations that Inspire Academy desires for all its students.
The Academy Council of an academy or Free School is responsible for ensuring that it is run to promote excellent pupil outcomes. Its duties include:
- Holding the Headteacher to account as a "critical friend"
- Supporting the Headteacher
- Agree policies delegated to this Council
- Making visits to the school to meet staff and pupils
- Monitoring the spend of the delegated budget, including Pupil Premium
|Sheila Kitchener||Chair of Academy Council|
|Mark Jordan||Executive Head / CEO of PLT|
|Helen Barnard||Parent Member / Vice Chair|
|Martyn O'Donnell||Executive Head|
|Mark Burgiss||Head of Academy, Inspire Academy|
|Lynn Sims||Behaviour/RRS link|
|Lynda Harris||Head of Academy, Wandle Valley Academy|