At Inspire Academy, we value the support of our Parents/Carers and aim to work together with them to improve the outcomes of our pupils.
Parents/Carers have the responsibility to:
- Support and be familiar with Inspire Academy’s policies.
- Work in partnership with Inspire Academy, supporting the school's code of conduct and promoting the achievements and progress of our pupils.
- Attend meetings / appointments at the school as and when requested.
- Ensure that their child is properly equipped and prepared for the school day.
- Ensure that their child has excellent attendance and punctuality, in adherence with the school's attendance policy.
- Notify the school promptly if their child is unable to attend school, if they going to be late, or if they have an appointment which will require them to be absent from school.
- Ensure that their child attends afterschool detentions as requested by the school if they fail to complete work during lessons, or fail to comply with the school rules.
- Communicate with the school effectively, informing us of any changes to personal circumstances that may affect their child's behaviour or learning.
- Recognise that they do not have the right to take children out of school to go on holiday during school term time.
- Ensure that their child is suitably dressed for school (i.e. in full school uniform, clean and tidy).
- Understand that Parents/Carers have a responsibility to provide the school with uniform, if requested, should pupils arrive to school not dressed in uniform.
- Provide any necessary medical information about their child to the school.
- Trust the professional judgements of staff at Inspire Academy and to support sanctions put in place by staff.
- Ensure that their child does not come to school with prohibited items, and to understand that staff have the right to search pupils and confiscate these items
If parents would like to find out more about the curriculum at Inspire Academy, please select the following link: Curriculum